Nordisk Panorama Partners with DOK.Incubator for the Film Launch
Nordisk Panorama is happy to announce our new partnership with DOK.Incubator. In 2016 Nordisk Panorama, well known for its excellent industry activities, strong projects at the Forum and international reach, will host the final presentation of the DOK.Incubator films.
With Nordisk Panorama taking place 16-21 September 2016, the almost finished documentaries presented in Malmö will be able to meet the deadlines for IDFA, DOK Leipzig, the Berlinale and Sundance.
DOK.Incubator is a well-established rough-cut stage workshop with a unique format and impact on filmmakers and their films. It offers individual mentorship for eight selected documentary projects focusing on dramaturgy, distribution and audience building. DOK.Incubator has been around for 4 years only, but, even so, last year films developed at the workshop appeared at Sundance, Locarno, Hot Docs, Nyon, Karlovy Vary, DOK Leipzig and finally IDFA with 6 films in 3 competitions.
Partnering with DOK.Incubator as a broad international platform, Nordisk Panorama will be providing the Nordic industry with new, exclusive stories and strategic partners for future projects, coming from around the world. DOK.Incubator brings its international network and particularly its strong links to Central and Eastern Europe and good access to North American territory.
DOK.Incubator Calls for Submissions
DOK.Incubator currently has an open call for submissions, inviting editors, directors and producers of ambitious feature-length docs to work for 5 months with more than 20 experienced international lecturers.
- Intensive 5 months of editing for films, planned to be finished in early autumn 2016
- Whole creative teams of an editor, director and producer are invited
- 25 internationally active filmmakers tutor participants through-out the post-production period
- Participants get a deep practical knowledge of the current film market and sophisticated know-how, how to build an own tailor-made distribution strategy
- New marketing tools used in a complex strategy to target and attract a wider audience, internationally
- Participants meet altogether for three intensive week-long workshops:
1st Session: May – Czech Republic
2nd Session: July – Slovakia
3rd Session: September – Malmö, Sweden at Nordisk Panorama where the nearly finished films are introduced to key decision-makers
The deadline to apply for DOK.Incubator is 22 February and we encourage lots of Nordic projects to apply for this great opportunity. The application and more information is available here.